CURRY(MED HOT) (1KG)
Yields 4 servings
- Olive oil
- 1 lb beef or chicken, cut into cubes (I used boneless short beef but most Korean supermarkets sell beef for curry that are already precut into perfect bite-sized chunks.)
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 small onions, cut into chunks
- 1/2 package (8.4 ounces) curry sauce mix
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the beef, potatoes, carrots and onions and saute until onions are lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes.
Add 3 1/3 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 15 minutes.
Break curry sauce mix into pieces and add to the Dutch oven, stirring until completely melted.
Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Serve immediately over rice or noodles.